Brookhaven Fire Dept. reported 2 smoke calls

Published 8:10 pm Monday, September 24, 2018

Fire reports

The Brookhaven Fire Department responded Saturday to a call of smoke in Dairy Queen at 10:55 a.m. An electric fan motor burned out in an air conditioning unit. Firefighters also responded to a call of smoke in a residence on Perkins Drive at 10:55 p.m. Sunday. An extension cord had shorted out.

Lawrence County reports

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

The Monticello Fire Department responded to a tree fire at 5608 Hwy. 587 at 11:49 a.m. Saturday, and a trash fire at 824 Dana St. at 2:53 p.m.