Trash pickup will run behind during holidays
In observance of the Christmas holidays, The Daily Leader office will be closed Tuesday. A Christmas edition for Tuesday/Wednesday, Dec. 25-26, will be published Monday.
The office will also be closed New Year’s Day.
Arrow Disposal Services Inc. will be closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Recycle pickup in the city will run a regular schedule Dec. 24 and Dec. 31, Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve.
Garbage pickup in the city and county will run schedules one day behind. Tuesday pickup will be on Wednesday, Wednesday on Thursday, Thursday on Friday and Friday on Saturday.
The same schedule is set for the New Year’s holiday as well.
The following area offices have announced their schedules for the Christmas and New Year’s holidays.
• The Brookhaven-Lincoln County Chamber of Commerce is closed Dec. 24-Jan. 1.
• The U.S. Post Office will be closed Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
• The Mississippi Highway Patrol Driver’s License exam office will be closed Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
• Brookhaven, Wesson and Monticello city offices and Lincoln, Lawrence and Copiah county offices will be closed Dec. 24-25 and Dec. 31-Jan. 1.
• Students from Brookhaven Academy return to classes Jan. 2, while Brookhaven schools, Mississippi School of the Arts and Lincoln County, Lawrence County and Copiah County schools return Jan. 7.
• Copiah-Lincoln Community College will have spring orientation Jan. 3. Classes resume Jan. 7.
The county school board on Monday tabled another high-dollar project for upgrades to a sports complex after trustees expressed reluctance... read more