COVID: 1 new death in Lincoln County Thursday
Published 12:34 pm Thursday, October 22, 2020
Lincoln County has one new death and 17 new positive cases of coronavirus reported Thursday.
The county now has 1,385 cases and 57 deaths, according to data from the Mississippi State Department of Health.
MSDH reported 958 new cases statewide and eight new deaths from the period of Sunday through Wednesday. There were 126 active outbreaks in long-term care facilities, 42 new LTC cases and five new LTC deaths.
As of 6 p.m. Wednesday, 599 patients were hospitalized across the state for confirmed COVID-19 infection, 157 of which were in intensive care units. Seventy-three were on ventilators.
- Keep groups sizes smalland avoid large gatherings, especially indoors. Many cases are now being spread through gatherings in homes without safety precautions.
- Social distancing is still criticalto stop the spread of COVID-19. Keep plenty of distance between yourself and others.
- Wearing a maskor face covering can sharply reduce the risk of passing COVID-19 on to others. Wearing a mask is strong recommended whenever you are in public places with others around you.
- Most people spreading COVID-19 do not knowthey are infected.
- Remind othersthat precautions remain essential, and set an example by your actions.