Boil water notice lifted for Lincoln County
Published 9:45 am Wednesday, February 24, 2021
The boil water notice for Lincoln Rural Water Association has been lifted, effective Tuesday afternoon.
Customers with problems or questions should contact the LRWA office at 601-833-6449 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
When a boil-water notice is lifted:
- Flush faucets for a total of 10 minutes to introduce system water throughout house plumbing.
o 1 faucet — run for 10 minutes
o 2 faucets — run both for 5 minutes
o 3 faucets — run each for 3‐4 minutes
Flush any faucet a minimum of 2 minutes to ensure clearing of the line serving the
● Discard any drinks, ice, food, etc., made during the boil water notice.
● Rewash any food or drink contact items (knives, forks, plates, etc.) with cleared system water.
● Check water filters (in faucets, refrigerators and elsewhere) and replace if necessary.
● Do not use water from your hot water heater for drinking until several exchanges of the tank
● Run dishwasher through a cycle or two before washing dishes.