9 tornados confirmed in March 30 storms
Published 12:00 pm Friday, April 1, 2022
At least nine tornados have been confirmed in Mississippi for Wednesday, March 30.
The National Weather Service in Jackson confirmed six, NWS New Orleans confirmed two and NWS Memphis confirmed one. The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is working with counties to assess damage.
Six injuries were reported to MEMA — one in Bolivar County; one in Holmes; one in Lafayette; two in Noxubee; and one in Panola.
Thirty-two counties have reported some sort of damage in their area. Seventeen have provided preliminary damage numbers to MEMA. The following numbers are subject to change.
- Attala — 10 homes; 10 farms
- Bolivar — 19 homes; 10 businesses
- Coahoma — 15 homes; one business
- De Soto — five homes; one business
- Forrest — 11 homes; one business; one farm
- Greene — 23 homes; two business
- Harrison — nine homes
- Hinds — 34 homes
- Jackson — 13 homes
- Lafayette — four homes; two businesses
- Lauderdale — nine homes; five businesses
- Marshall — four homes
- Panola — 57 homes; one business
- Smith — six homes; three businesses
- Warren — 37 homes; one business
- Wayne — 32 homes; three businesses
- Yazoo — 28 homes; three businesses
Property owners who have sustained damage should file an insurance claim; take photos of the damage; report damage to your county Emergency Management office or MEMA at 800-445-6362.