Spring Fair to usher in the season
Published 10:05 am Tuesday, April 12, 2022
The Mississippi Spring Fest and Fair is set for April 20-24, and it’s chocked full of events.
The Fest and Fair is one of the only fairs that continued in the state, not having to be cancelled due to the COVID pandemic, according to Lincoln Civic Center Director Quinn Jordan.
“We have state fair quality rides, games and food right here in our backyard,” Jordan said. “With gas prices near $4, you don’t want to wait until the state fair when you could come here now.”
The family friendly event not only provides a local place for food and fun, it raises money to keep costs of other Civic Center events lower.
“By supporting events at your Lincoln Civic Center, the funds are used to maintain and improve the facilities for other events, so we don’t have to ask for additional tax dollars,” Jordan said.
The director said he was grateful to Sheriff Steve Rushing and Police Chief Kenneth Collins and their officers for the assistance they provide during the highly-attended event.
“I want to give a special thanks to both the Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office and the Brookhaven Police Department for making sure we are able to provide a family-oriented and safe environment for the whole family to enjoy.”
- Wednesday — 5-10 p.m., $15 armbands, sponsored by The Daily Leader of Brookhaven and Reed’s Metals
- Thursday — 5-10 p.m., $20 armbands, sponsored by Farm Bureau of Lincoln County
- Friday — 5-10 p.m., $25 armbands, sponsored by King’s Daughters Medical Center
- Saturday — Noon-10 p.m., $25 armbands, sponsored by Farmbelt Equipment Inc., B92.1 “The Boss,” K106 and The Buyers Guide Xtra
- Sunday — 1-8 p.m., $20 armbands, sponsored by Brookhaven Honda, Supertalk 102.1 Brookhaven and Supertalk 93.5 McComb
The local food alley is sponsored by the Brookhaven Tourism Council. The rides, games and some of the food are provided by Mitchell Brothers. Fresh boiled crawfish from K&B Seafood will also be available.