High winds to blow through tonight

Published 8:35 am Thursday, May 5, 2022

Severe weather is expected to hit Lincoln County near midnight tonight.

A storm system moving from the west into the area will include damaging winds up to 60 mph in what is considered a marginal risk.

Portions of the state to the northwest of Lincoln County, including Vicksburg and Yazoo City, are expected to also experience quarter-size hail and possible tornadoes. A risk of higher winds and larger hail exists for portions of the Delta.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

The high today in Brookhaven is 89, with a 25 percent chance of showers and storms beginning in the late afternoon. The low tonight is 66 with a 75 percent chance of rain and storms.