Weather Forecast: Sept.8, 2022

Published 4:35 pm Wednesday, September 7, 2022

BROOKHAVEN — “Where there is a cloud don’t mean there is rain,” – Keith Whitley

There is a 70 percent chance of Whitley being right Thursday and a 30 percent chance of rain. Thunderstorms and showers will likely threaten the area between 2p.m. and 5 p.m.

Patchy fog will be in the area until about 8 a.m. It will be mostly sunny with a high of 84 and a low of 66. Wind will blow out of the northeast at 5mph. Thursday night has more chance of rain but it is a slight chance between 7 p.m. and 8p.m.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Sunrise is at 6:38 a.m. and sunset is at 7:28 p.m.

Be on the lookout for migratory birds who are moving through the area this time of year. Wood storks, egrets and cormorants should be flying through the area right now headed south for winter. Blue-winged teal ducks should be flying through on their way south. Teal season opens this Saturday. Sept. Canada Geese season is open until the end of the month.