MEMA: Latest severe weather update
Published 5:00 pm Sunday, December 4, 2022
The Mississippi Emergency Management Agency is working with counties to assess damage from the severe weather and tornadoes of Nov. 29-30.
The two injuries originally reported in Pike County have been confirmed to be only one.
Statewide, 66 homes have been reported damaged. This number is expected to change during the assessment and validation process. Initial assessments are underway.
The following numbers are preliminary and will likely change. The home damage ranges from “affected” to “destroyed.”
- Amite County — 4 homes
- Choctaw County — 6 homes
- Jasper County — 16 homes; 4 farms
- Pike County — 8 homes
- Prentiss County — 2 homes; 1 farm; 1 business; 6 public buildings
- Lowndes County — 29 homes; 1 public building
- Oktibbeha County — 1 home
MEMA encourages residents who have sustained damage to do the following:
- File an insurance claim.
- Take photos of the damage to the home.
- Report damage to the county/MEMA via the self-report tool at MSEMA.org.