MDOT District 7 Equipment Operators Roadeo winners announced
Published 8:00 am Wednesday, March 15, 2023
he Mississippi Department of Transportation (MDOT) conducted its annual Equipment Operators Roadeo for District 7 at the district office in McComb recently.
“The Roadeo is an excellent way to encourage our operators to meet the very highest standards in safety as well as reward their good work,” said Commissioner Tom King, Southern Transportation District. “The skills of our operators help keep workers and the traveling public safe. It’s essential we continue to invest in their skills, and the fun and friendly competition the Roadeo provides is one of the best ways to do that.”
Focusing on efficiency and skill, MDOT’s roadeos provide employees with an opportunity to display their mastery of vehicle handling, trailer maneuvering and heavy equipment precision. The event and judging criteria provide feedback and help operators evaluate their strengths and challenges. Operators improve techniques and learn new skills while engaging in some friendly competition.
District 7 events and winners are as follows:
- Lowboy: First Place – Christopher Ivory; Second Place – Cory G. Beadles; Third Place – Michael C. “The Mechanic’s Mechanic” Jones.
- Single-Axle Dump Truck: First Place – Coly S. Smith; Second Place – Jerome “Cole” Coleman; Third Place – Christopher Ivory
- Tandem-Axle Dump Truck: First Place – Coly S. Smith; Second Place – Michael D. “Mike” Pritchett; Third Place – Michael C. “The Mechanic’s Mechanic” Jones.
- Backhoe: First Place – Jake Burge; Second Place – Christopher B. Wallace; Third Place – Mark C. Smith.
- Motor Grader: First Place – Jason A. Moak; Second Place – William R. “Richie” Fulgham; Third Place – Octavius Saul.
- Bushhog: First Place – Steven M. “Steve” Lofton; Second Place – Bobby Wayne “Wayne” Johnson; Third Place – William R. “Taylor” Taylor.
The top two winners from each event advance to the state finals. At the state competition, winners from all six districts will compete and a state champion will be crowned.
For more information about the Equipment Operators Roadeo, visit GoMDOT.com.