Winter weather of frost, rain in the forecast

Published 8:23 am Saturday, December 30, 2023

BROOKHAVEN — Rain is in the forecast but first residents will face frost and chilly temperatures. National Weather Service in Jackson forecasts continued frost for the area over the next few days.

The high will be 54 today with sunny skies after a chilly morning and frost.

Sunday could have frost forming again but the sunshine and southern winds should warm up the day. High temperatures could reach 62. Sunday night is forecast to have a 40 percent chance of rain.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

New Years Day will have a 20 percent chance of rain. Sprinkles could come Tuesday and rain chances increase to 70 and 80 percent Tuesday night and Wednesday according to the forecast.

NWS Jackson warns of widespread frost again on Monday as lows drop to 30 Monday night into Tuesday morning. Lows above freezing are forecast for Tuesday night and Wednesday night.

Thursday night of next week will be right back below freezing with a forecasted low temperature of 29.