Dangerously cold temperatures to return

Published 3:55 pm Thursday, January 18, 2024

BROOKHAVEN — National Weather Service in Jackson warns dangerous cold temperatures could return Friday night through Saturday night. Temperatures could hit lows less than 20 degrees with wind chills between 5 to 10 degrees

Frostbite and hypothermia are possible with prolonged exposure. NWS Jackson warns there are additional dangers for exposed pipes.

The cold weather will follow a sunny day. Highs will reach 43 Friday with a North wind between 5 to 10 mph. Gusts could get as high as 30 mph. Friday night temperatures will drop to 19 degrees.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Saturday is forecast to be sunny with a high temperature of 38 and Saturday night’s low is set to be 19 degrees. Sunday will be sunny with highs getting to 46 and Sunday night will be 30.

Monday has a 30 percent chance of rain and highs could reach 58 degrees. Monday night has a chance of precipitation falling to 70 percent and a low of 50. Good news for anyone who is tired of the cold weather.