Sunshine will return Saturday, severe storms possible next week

Published 12:08 pm Friday, March 22, 2024

BROOKHAVEN — The National Weather Service in Jackson forecasts sunshine to follow today’s rainfall. The forecast this morning showed a 75 percent to 10o percent chance of rain today which has now dropped to 60 percent chance of rain this afternoon.

Friday’s high will reach 69 degrees. Showers should continue tonight and wind gusts could reach 20 mph. Saturday is forecast to have mostly cloudy skies which will gradually become sunny. Temperatures will reach 67 degrees with a cool wind out of the north at 10 to 15 mph and gusts reaching 25 mph.

Sunday is forecast to be partly sunny. The high is 70 degrees and the low could drop to 56. A chance of rain could return Monday with a 20 percent chance of rain. Chance of precipitation is 80 percent Monday night.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

NWS Jackson warns there is a possibility of severe storms early next week which poses a slight risk to Lincoln County. The timing could be late Monday night into Tuesday. The severe weather event is several days away.

“Uncertainty exists with overall timing and levels of instability,” NWS Jackson forecasts,  “However, strong wind fields and an overall potent weather system are the main driver of this potential severe weather event. This event is still several days out so check back for updates.”