Kindergarten registration is March 24 for Lincoln County
Area schools are preparing for kindergarten and encourage parents to sign up their children during their school’s registration event.
Kindergarten registration at Lincoln County public schools will be Wednesday, March 24.
Students must be 5 years old on or before Sept. 21, 2021, in order to enroll. Only one parent or guardian will be allowed to accompany a student and masks are required. Children need to attend registration for vision and hearing screenings.
A birth certificate, Social Security card, immunization record form 121 and two proofs of residency must accompany all paperwork. Proofs of residency must have the 911 physical address and not a post office box. The only proofs that will be accepted are:
- A filed Homestead Exemption application form or mortgage document (no mobile home titles)
- Current rental lease agreement (none handwritten)
- Current year automobile tag registration (no titles, proof of insurance or payment bill)
- Utility bill no older than 60 days for electric, garbage or gas
- Landline phone bill (no cell bills)
- Pay stub no older than 60 days with name and address on stub
- SNAP benefit/IRS/government document showing name and address
Bogue Chitto Attendance Center’s kindergarten will register 7:30-11:15 a.m. and noon-6 p.m. in the Testing Center.
Loyd Star Kindergarten will register from 8 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Enterprise registration will be 8 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. in the office building.
West Lincoln’s registration will be 8 a.m. until 2:30 p.m. in the school library.
Registration packets can be downloaded from lcsd.k12.ms.us, by clicking on your child’s school.
In observance of Presidents Day, all the area county and city offices will be closed Monday, Feb. 15. The Brookhaven... read more