COVID update: Lincoln adds 19 new cases
Published 11:37 am Wednesday, September 15, 2021
The Mississippi State Department of Health reported 19 new positive cases of COVID-19 for Lincoln County Wednesday morning. Lincoln now has recorded 5,192 cases and 127 related deaths.
The state reported 2,353 new cases and 39 new deaths Wednesday.
There have been 468,498 cases of the coronavirus and 9,100 deaths over the course of the pandemic. Of the newly-reported cases, 1,021 are confirmed and 1,332 are probable. Confirmed cases are generally determined by positive PCR tests, which detect the presence of ongoing coronavirus infection. Thirty of the newly-reported deaths are confirmed. Nine are probable, having a designation of COVID-19 as a cause of death of death certificates, but no confirmatory testing was performed.
Lincoln County’s neighbors have reported the following as of Wednesday:
- Amite County — 1,912 cases (15 new) and 51 deaths
- Copiah County — 4,238 cases (18 new) and 83 deaths
- Franklin County — 1,141 cases (two new) and 27 deaths
- Jefferson County — 858 cases (four new) and 32 deaths
- Lawrence County — 2,024 cases (nine new) and 31 deaths
- Pike County — 5,424 cases (27 new) and 133 deaths
- Walthall County — 2,034 cases (19 new) and 57 deaths
Issaquena County remains the county with the least deaths — six — and the fewest positive cases, though its count rose by two to 191.
Harrison remains the county with the highest number of cases, rising by 140 to 31,907, and adding eight deaths to reach 468.
Hinds County still has the highest death toll at 569, one more on Wednesday. Its case number rose by 98 to 30,552.
De Soto County has the third-highest positive case total at 29,532 — up 186, with its death toll rising by one to 342.