BFD puts out CAT on fire

Published 4:38 pm Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Fire loves lumber. The quick response of the Brookhaven Fire Department to a blaze at Rex Lumber Wednesday afternoon kept that love from spreading.

A CAT front loader overheated and caught fire in the pole yard on the north end of the lumber company property just after 4 p.m. Firefighters responded and had the fire extinguished minutes later.

No one was injured in the fire, other than the CAT.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox