‘Liquid sunshine’ to pour over area for days beginning Friday

Published 10:05 am Thursday, May 4, 2023

Thursday’s sunny skies are likely to be replaced by “liquid sunshine” on Friday.

Beginning with a 20 percent chance of showers after 4 a.m., Friday is expected to see an 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms after 1 p.m., according to the National Weather Service in Jackson.

Rainfall amounts of 1/10 to ¼-inch are anticipated, with more possible during storms. The high temp for both Thursday and Friday is 84 degrees.

Subscribe to our free email newsletter

Get the latest news sent to your inbox

Saturday afternoon will bring a 60 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms after 1 p.m. The high will get a little higher, at 88 degrees. Rain will likely continue overnight, with a 20 percent chance of precipitation.

Sunday afternoon will see more showers and storms after 1 p.m. — a 30 percent chance — and a high of 86. Monday’s weather will mirror Sunday’s.

Tuesday and Wednesday are predicted to have a 40 percent chance of rain and storms. Highs will remain in the upper 80s throughout the week.