Arrest made in Friday shooting
Published 6:00 am Thursday, February 14, 2008
An arrest has been made in the case of the shooting of a14-year-old Brookhaven boy who was shot in the head downtown onFriday.
Police Chief Pap Henderson said a 15-year-old male was arrestedearlier this week.
“The papers have been signed in juvenile court, and we’re goinglet them determine if it’ll stay in juvenile court,” he said.
Officers responded Friday around 5:20 p.m. to a call of shotsfired on South First Street. As they were en route, another callcame in from the area of West Court Street and North JacksonStreet.
The victim was laying on the ground next to the truck, which wasbeing driven by another juvenile, in front of Hollywood Beauty Martwhen the ambulance pulled up, witnesses said.
The victim had been shot in the back of the head with asmall-caliber bullet that had exited his ear, Henderson said. Hewas treated at King’s Daughters Medical Center and released thesame night.
Henderson said a motive still has not been determined in theshooting.