1 more local COVID-19 death
One new COVID-19 death has been reported for Lincoln County, as the Mississippi State Department of Health reports seven new deaths and 47 new positive test results for the state.
The one additional local death brings Lincoln County’s totals to 4,008 cases and 112 deaths. MSDH has recorded 319,428 cases and 7,361 deaths over the course of the pandemic.
As of the Monday afternoon, the most current reports, 113 patients were hospitalized in the state for confirmed coronavirus infections and an additional 38 were in hospitals with suspected infections. Forty-six patients were in intensive care units and 18 were on ventilators.
Updated totals for Lincoln County’s neighboring counties:
• Amite County — 1,261 cases, 42 deaths
• Copiah County — 2,996 cases, 66 deaths
• Franklin County — 850 cases, 23 deaths
• Jefferson County — 662 cases, 28 deaths
• Lawrence County — 1,310 cases, 24 deaths
• Pike County — 3,368 cases, 111 deaths
• Walthall County — 1,353 cases, 47 deaths
Issaquena County remains the county with the fewest confirmed cases at 169 and the fewest deaths, six.
DeSoto County remains the county with the most cases at 22,264, and Hinds County continues the have the highest death count related to the virus — 421 fatalities.